10 Things You Will Wish You Did During Your Pregnancy
You have the pregnancy test kit in your hand, and yes, it’s a positive! Right now, nine months does seem like a long time. But this period will fly in the blink of an eye. One day you are checking out pregnancy care tips and the next, you are reading up on how to get your baby to go to sleep. Before those hectic days start, you should really give yourself the time to enjoy. The time you are pregnant is a free pass to catch up on your hobbies and indulge yourself in the little pleasures of life.
So here are 10 things that you could be doing during your pregnancy instead of worrying:
1. Be spontaneous – Don’t hold back on the impromptu plans. Say yes to any plans that pop up, all of a sudden. Once that baby comes, you can say goodbye to any spontaneity.
2. Stay out late – Go out, paint the town red! Nights will never be your own once you have your baby. So, now is the time to enjoy long nights, doing what you love.
3. Spend your day in bed – Staying in bed all day will be a luxury after the nine months are over. Trust us, give yourself the extra time in the bed, so much so, that you are tired of sleeping.
4. Enjoy your luxuries – Instead of using your bag as a holder of books on pregnancy care tips, flaunt it as an accessory with an equally snazzy dress. You won’t be able to fit into it once the bump starts showing.
5. Take a long bath – Pull out the scented candles, bath oils and the fancy towels, plug in your music system to soothing music and make an occasion out of it.
6. Binge watch your favourites – This is the time for you to knockout every season of your favourite TV show paired with a bowl of popcorn or chips. Blissful, isn’t it?
7. Choose the movie – On movie date night, insist on watching your favourite. Because you will have to be the one chaperoning your child for his movie demands.
8. Read to your heart’s content – Take the time to read your favourite books, not just the ones on good parenting. You won’t have this luxury, when you have to keep up with your child, running around the house.
9. Go out for dinner – Go ahead, treat yourself to a fancy dinner. You deserve it. Soon, going out for dinner will just be wishful thinking.
10. Spend an hour on your hair – Now is the time you can. A long, luxurious hair wash, followed by blow drying and running your hairbrush through your hair. Take all the time to primp yourself in front of the mirror.
Above all, appreciate and enjoy the little pleasures. Soon, you will not have the time to notice anything else other than your little charmer.