A recent survey found that 67% of people feel that they are overweight, and if we aren’t happy about the way our body looks, then it’s not hard to see why we feel insecure. Innocent comments can make us sensitive about the way we see our body and we worry about how we think other people are judging us.
If you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing, then you’ll feel more confident, so always buy and wear clothes that fit properly. Don’t worry about label sizes, and if you need to try the next size up – do it! Clothes that are ill-fitting or too tight will only make fat rolls and muffin tops bulge out of your clothes, making you look bigger than you really are.
Things we should do:
- We have to accept that all bodies come in different shapes and sizes.
- Exercise is an important tool in maintaining a healthy body image, and at least 30 minutes a day will lower your body fat, and boost your self-esteem.
- We might be our worst enemy. While we think we look fat and lumpy, other people may find us really attractive.
- Eating healthily will help you keep your weight steady and boost your self-confidence.
- Accept that it’s normal for our weight and body shape to fluctuate weekly and monthly.
- Be kind to yourself. When looking in the mirror, focus on your good features and give yourself some compliments.
- Remember that the people who truly love you; your parents, partner, friends and children, love you for you, and not for what you look like.
Things we shouldn’t do:
- You’re much more than just a body, don’t let your body shape define who, or what you are.
- Don’t let obsessions with your body stop you from getting closer to others, whether in friendships or relationships.
- Judge others on the basis of their appearance, body size, or shape.
- We shouldn’t think that we’re the only ones who have trouble accepting the way our body is, as many people struggle with this.
- Don’t believe that all thin people are happy with their bodies, we all dislike some part of our body.
Sometimes, even after eating healthily and exercising regularly, we are left with small pockets of fat that won’t shift. There are some people who don’t mind having a bit of fat on their body, but if you do mind, then vaser lipo is a cosmetic treatment that can help. Vaser lipo treatments will remove unwanted fat and give precision shaping on your body for a natural-looking result. It’s a gentle treatment, giving you instant results.
Always remember, we are all different. It would be very boring if we all looked exactly the same, and we must realize that everyone is beautiful, no matter what size or shape they are.